Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Symbols: The Alphabet of Human Thought

Reading this article about the different types of symbols made me think of the google doodles. Google has a very recognizable color scheme and the symbol is extremely well known. Even with some drastic changes to the font face, as well as some designs using no type at all, google is still easily recognized. The symbol has power and is a very good example of the power symbols have in our culture.

The website has a ton of different spins on the logo. I have listed only a few of my favorite:

follow the link for more

The article mentions that chinese writing itself is an artform. The characters are pictograms, and while looking online I found some artwork made with chinese characters.
follow the link for more

I think it's very interesting to see how a brand or logo changes over time. I found a project done by the people at Antrepo4.com where they have redesigned a variety of products in a very minimalistic way.


follow the link for more 

No comments:

Post a Comment